Chinese Herbal Medicine
Chinese Herbal Medicine
Herbs form an integral part of Chinese medicine. Their effectiveness has been proven over thousands of years. They are used in modern hospitals in China and Japan today.
Amanda prescribes herbs from her own dispensary. These “raw” herbs are boiled and the resultant liquor is drank 2 or 3 times a day. Experience has shown her that this is the most effective way of taking the herbal medicine.
Amanda specialises in the use of herbs to treat gynecological and skin conditions.
Gynaecology: Traditional Chinese herbal medicine is an extremely powerful and effective therapy for the treatment of gynecological disorders. It is particularly effective in the treatment of the many health issues associated with fertility and conception.
Amanda uses Chinese herbs to treat the majority of the skin conditions that she sees in the clinic. Having made a diagnosis of the skin condition she prescribes a formula that is unique to the patient and their specific condition. In addition to herbal prescriptions, she also prescribes washes, compresses and handmade skin creams.
Chinese herbal medicine remedies may be effectively used to treat a wide range of acute and chronic conditions, including:
- Skin Conditions: Eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, urticaria, lichen simplex, lupus erythematosus, vitiligo, fungal & yeast infections, bacterial & viral disease such as herpes simplex, impetigo, polymorphic light eruption (sun allergy), etc
- Allergic and Auto-immune disease: Hay fever, asthma, thyroid disease such as Grave’s & Hashimoto’s disease, myasthenia gravis, Sjogren’s syndrome, multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Gastro-intestinal disorders: irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), chronic constipation, diarrhoea, persistent nausea & vomiting, stomach ulcer (duodenal & peptic), ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease.
- Gynaecological & Obstetrics Conditions: Pre-menstrual syndrome, painful periods, endometriosis, abnormal uterine bleeding, infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome, infertility, habitual miscarriage, fibro-cystic, morning sickness, insufficient lactation (breast milk), post natal depression, post natal weakness and debility.
- Men’s Health: Infertility, low sperm count & motility, impotence, chronic prostate problems
- Respiratory conditions: Asthma, bronchitis, chronic coughs, allergic rhinitis and sinusitis
- Rheumatologic conditions: Osteo arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, ankylosing spondylitis
- Urinary conditions: Chronic cystitis, interstitial cystitis, painful bladder syndrome
- Psychological disorders: Insomnia, depression, anxiety
- Complementary Supportive therapy in the treatment of cancer: Side effect of chemo and radiotherapy, fatigue, nausea, low blood count etc.
- Neurological conditions: Headache, migraine, dizziness, peripheral neuropathy
- Cardio-vascular disease: Angina, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, irregular heart rhythm
- Children’s Conditions: Bed wetting, glue ear, reoccurring tonsillitis, asthma, eczema etc.
- Other Conditions: Hepatitis A, B, C, chronic fatigue syndrome (ME), symptoms associated with HIV infection